Marble is being used as a decorative material for many years. Marbles are carved from the solid stones and marble statues are available in many sizes, shapes and variety of colors. Marble statues require regular care whether you keep the marble statue outside your home or inside. Marble statues need timely care and cleaning to keep its smoothness, and delicate appearance. Hard cleaning materials and acids can harm the marble surface. To maintain the beauty and smoothness of the marble items it is required to clean the marble statues on a regular basis. The best way to clean marble items is by using mild, pH balanced product to easily remove dirt from the surface of marble statues. A poultice can completely remove deep stains from the marble surface that is not possible to remove with the help of a general cleaning solutions.
Here are some of the tips to clean your marble statues.
- Add 2 teaspoons of stone cleaner or dish detergent and warm water to a bucket. You need to use 1 gallon of warm water.
- You require a sponge or cloth that you need to dip into the soapy water and wipe all over the marble surface. Also you need to rinse the cloth or sponge in the bucket often.
- The third step is to rinse the marble statue to clean the dirt and then dry it using a towel.
How to Remove Stain from the Marble Surface
- To remove stain you need to mix hydrogen peroxide with baking soda or powdered clay and make a thick paste using these materials
- After that you need to apply the thick layer of poultice the stained surface with the help of spatula or plastic knife
- Cover the surface using a plastic wrap and then tape it into place.
- Leave the poultice to dry for 20-25 hours.
- After that you need to remove the plastic wrap to check whether the poultice is dry or not. If it is not dry then remove the plastic wrap then leave it again for next 24 hours to get it dry.
- When it completely gets dry remove the poultice from the marble surface with the help of spatula or plastic knife.
- Rinse any poultice residue from the marble surface & dry it with towel.
So above are the tips to clean your marble statue completely to give it a new shiny appearance. It is suggested to not to use acids, bleach or harsh abrasives on marble surface as it may affect the beauty of the marble statues.